Encyclopia coming together nicely

The home page, the overall site designs and templates and the chat interface are all now built so we are now focussed on Encyclopia. This is the most important part of Pia for us as, put simply, we want to be the world’s best at delivering investor education.

Our editor-in-chief, Niamh, is busy refining the first few levels of Encyclopia whilst our development team are building the components of the pages. All of our content is served up by a bespoke content management system, that will allow us to deliver an experience like no other in the world of financial services.

Video forms a key part of our content strategy. This is driven by the research that we have carried out relating to the best forms of content to help people learn. Therefore, an important element of Encyclopia is our bespoke video player. It has been created to encourage users to watch and engage with the videos as much as possible. More on the videos soon, but for now see a short clip about how you can interact with the video.

And now, here is a sneak peek at the actual content structure and style of the pages. You will have noticed that we have very deliberately steered clear of drab and un-inspiring stock imagery.

And finally, you are welcome to head over to YouTube and check out a walkthrough of one of the pages of content if you want to get more of a feel for the site.

Please let me know what you think, what are you looking for when you want to learn about something?

How can we help you better understand your investments?

Looking so great! Clean, concise & engaging - finally someone’s shaking up financial education :raised_hands:t3:

Wow, very impressive. :star_struck: At Pia, we all know that Niamh is an amazing hub of financial knowledge., so it’s great to see it presented so well here. Nice use of video, interactive charts and easy-to-read statements. Can’t wait to introduce the Encyclopia to my friends.

:grimacing: Really excited. Think I’ll use this quite alot when making an initial investment decision.

Looks good to have all the info in one place. I can see many people using it regularly to learn. Is the pia chatbot going to be in the Encyclopia too?

Hi @jb1 - Yes, you will be able to chat with Pia! There will be a Pia icon (Vote for your favourite Pia chat icon 💬) on screen.

This is an integral part of the Encyclopia as it will aid learning, and help users digest more of the information.

Update time!:iphone:The design team have sent through some mobile mockups showing the circle styled video component. The video content will auto-orient to landscape to retain supporting graphics next to the presenter. New UX details include a close button to minimise.PIA_AN02_mobile%20video%20expand

Sooooo slick @maike :heart_eyes:

Absoutley love this! Looking so slick